Do I need specific homestay insurance?

Most universities and schools now require homestay hosts to have insurance that covers their students' belongings.

Most home and content insurance policies do not cover guests under a homestay arrangement. We recommend our hosts to purchase a Homestay Host Insurance Plus policy.

To obtain homestay insurance with us:

  • After successfully applying with us, you will receive instructions to apply for insurance with our partners at Homestay Host Insurance Plus. Please remember to use our group reference code provided in our email.

  • We recommend selecting the cover that includes student personal effects and the option for $20 million public liability cover

  • Once you have purchased the insurance, please forward a copy of your insurance certificate to [email protected]